(What's The Story) Stealing Glory?
From Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
|(What's The Story) Stealing Glory?|
|Released|| October 2 1995 (UK)|
October 3 1995 (U.S.)
|Label|| Big Brother|
|Producers||Noel Gallagher, Lennon, McCartney|
|Reviews|| - NME|
- The Sun
- The Beano
(What's The Story) Stealing Glory? is the second in a series of cover albums by the British Orchestral Tex-Mex band Oasis. Though spanning the decades, the majority of the album's tracks originate from the sixties/seventies period.
The album's success was greatly profitable for all concerned, except, quite surprisingly, for the band themselves. This is because none of the songs, with the exception of the secret track, "Beatlejuice", which features a set of drunken vocals by rhythm guitarist and part-time nonentity Bonehead, were actually originally written. However, lead guitarist Noel Gallagher was quoted as saying:
|I don't give an arctic monkeys so long as we get free pints at every bar in the world. And cigarettes in hell.|
edit Legal proceedings
Originally, the album was set to list "Uptight (Everything's Alright)" by Stevie Wonder. However, Wonder's lawyers soon caught on and threatened to sue should the song be on the final cut. In its place, the band were forced to hastily record a sketchy version of Led Zepplin's Bring It On Home featuring Paul Weller on recorder and Evan Dando on kitchen pans. Critics actually claim this to be the best song on the album "for its comedy value".
edit Album Art
Many claim the photograph on the cover of the album is an opportunistic snap taken by freelance photographer that features lead singer Liam Gallagher about to smash a Cockney/Damon Albarn/photographer outside a seedy nightclub in Burnage. This has since been confirmed as incorrect by band publicist Jamie 'Strawberry' Fields and later by Gallagher himself, who forcibly claims "he would never go back to that shithole if [his] life depended on it".
edit Track listing
- "Hello, Hello I'm Back Again" (Glitter/Leander) – 3:21
- "Homesick" (Smith/Thompson/Gallop/Cooper) – 3:59
- "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" (Day/Armstrong) – 4:18
- "Imagine" (Lennon) - 4:48
- "She's Dyslexic" (Moyles) - 3:54
- "Bring It On Home" (Jones/Page/Bonham) – 5:41
- "Swamp Song" (Albarn/Coxon) – 0:44
- "Shee La La" (Marriott/Lane) – 5:29
- "History" (Ashcroft) – 4:51
- "With A Little Help From My Friends" (Lennon/McCartney) – 3:40
- "The One I Love"/"Like a Hurricane" (Berry/Buck/Mills/Stipe/Young) – 5:03
- "Wonder Boy" (Davies) – 0:39
- "Oh! Sweet Nuthin'" (Reed) – 7:27
- "Beatlejuice" [Hidden Track] (Gallagher) - 3:49