article discussion view source history watch
Welcome to Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
Sophia has inspired us to work on 31,019 articles since opening in January 1975.
Uncyclopedia is Best Viewed with Lynx Browser!
Before editing, please read the Beginner's Guide and browse the Big Five.
Politics | Games | Computers | People | Quaint | Coherent
Most Popular | Alphabetical Index | Other Categories...
Today's Featured Image
Henry the VIII did not give this medal to Pope Clement VII, who wanted to trade for a silly hat and the Church of England.
Vote for featured image
Today's Featured Article
- uncyclopedia - a superior alternative to those hacks
- at wikipedia
- uncyclopedia [-abort|-retry|-ignore] [-search]
- [-edit] [-discuss] [-history] [-move] [-watch]
- [-blank] [-vandalize] [-lang:code] [-help]
- [-random|-randompage] [article]
- su -c "pkill uncyclopedia"
- Use "uncyclopedia -help" to display a complete list of
- current options.
- Uncyclopedia is a Wiki-based encyclopedia, the basis
- for the design of another popular, but less complete
- online encyclopedia called "Wikipedia", in the same
- way that Microsoft's pesky .chm (HTML Help) files
- are an inferior alternative to man(1).
Recently featured: Old Tech - Worst 100 Ways to Deliver Bad News - I Can't Believe It's Not Murder - The - No More Room In Hell Act - USS Gratuitous Anime Panty Shot
You can vote for your favorite articles to be featured.
More of the best of Uncyclopedia
January 24: Plain Text Day
* 41 - Caligula killed for textstalking people on his Boost Mobile.
* 1838 - Samuel Morse demonstrated the first plain text telegraph browser.
* 1995 - The OJ Simpson jury delivers a verdict in plain text.
In the news
* The Y2K bug strikes 6 years and 24 days later than expected, crippling all modern technology.
* PC Magazine gives MS-DOS best Operating System of the Year award for 13th straight year.
* Bill Gates praised for his wisdom as he explains, "16K should be enough for anyone."
More Current Events at UnNews News
Did you know...
* ...that Plain Text was invented in China in about 2000BC, by the Emperor Msging IV, who got pissed off at all the damn ideograms?
* ...that tin cans, with a string stretched between them, were invented in 1810 by Al Gore?
* ...that computer mice carry the black plague?
* ...that you are likely to be eaten by a Grue?
Recent Articles edit [-->]
Chuck E. Cheese's |
Jamie Bryson |
Arthur (show) (rw) |
Fart rape |
Tom Brady (rw) |
New meat from the Surprise Me! Spring Festival:
Chamber pot |
Coming soon |
First-past-the-post voting |
Tenshi Hinanawi |
Granny Smith |
Katie Hopkins |
Debug (film) |
Jelly beans |
Selfie stick |
Al Stewart |
Most recent articles | Most wanted pages | Requested rewrites | Add to stubs
Lonely pages | Pee Review | Try writing about...
Writer and Noob of the Month
Savethemooses won. In fact, nobody else even got a single vote. Fraud is suspected, though Mooses insists he won fairly. And by "fairly" he means ballot stuffing, IRC spam campaigns, and a healthy amount of nooblet pwning on the side, which has nothing to do with writing. But then, neither does the WotM award, usually. His work includes the old classic Pot v. Kettle, the highly mediocre-tastic Mediocre Britain, and a new favorite in J.D. Salinger.
A close-run battle between newcomers Suresh and Whywhywhy ended in a victory for the latter, proving once and for all that democracy just doesn't work. Seriously folks. Why3 likes to consider himself a Noob's Noob and promises to support the word STOAT during his tenure.
Vote for Writer of the Month |
Vote for Noob of the Month |
The news source on crack
The content-free encyclopedia.
The ick!tionary of all things best left unsaid
The Wilde Project
Bringing Oscar Wilde quotes to every page in Uncyclopedia.
Colonizations of the Week
Statute of Westminster Adoption Act 1942
| Categories: Uncyclopedia |