Someone posted content from Uncyclopedia, Dance Dance Evolution, on Wikipedia. I placed this in Wikipedia's BJAODN. This is the Wikipedia page for jokes that have to be deleted, but are considered funny. I was wondering if there was some sort of issue with keeping this content on Wikipedia, or if I could just state that this article was from Uncyclopedia. KJS77 22:23, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
- If it's funny wouldn't they just huff it? They're the opposite of us, right. That it's still there surprises me. I'm easily surprisable. ible? Whatever.
- I don't see it being too much of a problem, as they're GNU-licenced (that's what it says at the bottom of their screens anyway. What does it say at the bottom of my screen meanwhile? Power.
- The only problems I see are: it doesn't belong there and they aren't protected by fair use for parody, since they aren't about that. Parody, I mean. They're about the truth. Or so they say. If I've answered your question, I apologize.
- Or, to put it another way: be sure to credit Uncyclopedia for that page of foolishness. 01:34, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks. They did delete the original article, but since I found it humorous, I put it there for others to see. Who knows, it might even attract more users here. KJS77 05:26, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
- Only thing is that it the content is CC-BY-NC-SA, which is not compatible with GFDL, mostly because of the non-commercial condition. Licence stuff is mostly wikipedia's area of expertise, but if it is to be kept, it should be marked as CC-BY-NC-SA, and linked to the uncyclopedia page. • Spang • • 12:50, 14 Jul 2007